Our Commitment to Your Privacy
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact us in any way.
Technology Investment Network Ltd (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Your Personal Information
Collecting your personal information
If you access any of our services (through purchase of TIN Reports, event tickets, membership or sign up for our newsletters), you will need to provide us with some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your residential or postal address.
- Your credit card number, name on your card, expiry date and card verification code (CVC) code.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information."
Using your personal information
We collect and use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the products and services you sign up for.
- Administer your membership or efficiently.
- Tell you about our events, reports, and promotions: for example, if you are opted-in to email marketing communications we may email you to let you know about new content you may be interested in.
- To customise our marketing and advertising.
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions to respond
- To communications from you, including a complaint to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Changing your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction. If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular reports); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies: We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing: we use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from TIN when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
You can also ask your browser to delete or block third party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
Links to Other Websites
We may contact you to:
- Provide information regarding upcoming events, reports, and promotions.
- Clarify details about your membership.
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our site.
- Advise of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
All new members and individuals who opt in to our enews will be signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications. You can choose to remove yourself from email marketing communications or adjust your sending preferences by following the "unsubscribe" or "update my profile" prompt at the bottom of each email.
TIN is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy complaints.
For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner's website.